Langsung ke konten utama

Tugas bahasa inggris soal direct and indirect

      QUESTION
    1.Did they eat out together yesterday?
a.      He asked me if they had eaten out yesterday.
b.      He asked me if they had eaten out together the day before.
c.       He asked me if they has eaten out together the day before.
d.      He asked me if they have eaten out together the day before.

Answer: B


    2.  Don’t turn off the light now.
a.      He told me don’t turn off the light at that time.
b.      He told me not to turn off the light at that time.
c.       He told me didn’t turn off the light at that time.
d.      He told me didn’t turn off the light at now.

Answer: B


3 3.   What’s your passion?
a.      She wanted to know what is my passion.
b.      She wanted to know what was my passion.
c.       She wanted to know what my passion was.
d.      She wanted to know what was my passion.

Answer: C


4 4.    I begin to understand the concept of biodiversity.
a.      He asked me that he began to understand the concept of biodiversity.
b.      He wanted to know if he began to understand the concept of biodiversity.
c.       He said that he began to understand the concept of biodiversity.
d.      He said that I began to understand the concept of biodiversity.

Answer : C


5 5. Your friend has just left.
a.      He told me that your friend had just left.
b.      He told me that my friend has just left.
c.       He told me that my friend had just left.
d.      He told me that my friend have just left.

Answer : C



6 6. Can I borrow your pencil for a moment?
a.      She asked me if she can borrow my pencil for a moment.
b.      She asked me whether she can borrow my pencil for a moment.
c.       She asked me whether she could borrow my pencil for a moment.
d.      She asked me whether I could borrow her pencil for a moment.

Answer : C

7 7.  Why are you staring at my feet?
a.      He asked her why she is staring at his feet.
b.      He asked her why she was staring at his feet.
c.       He asked her why was she staring at his feet.
d.      He asked her why is she staring at his feet.

Answer: B




8 8.The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
a.      He said that the sun rose in the east and sets in the west.
b.      He said that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
c.       He asked if the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
d.      He said that the sun rise in the east and set in the west.

Answer: B


9 9. I’m going to meet my penpal for the first time tomorrow.
a.      She said she was going to meet her penpal for the first time the next day.
b.      She said she was going to meet my penpal for the first time tomorrow.
c.       She said she was going to meet her penpal for the first time tomorrow.
d.      She said she is going to meet her penpal for the first time the next day.

Answer: A


1 10. We have been here for a week.
a.      They said they had been there for a week.
b.      They said they had been here for a week.
c.       They said we had been there for a week.
d.      They said they has been here for a week.

Answer: A

STATEMENT

11.    “Did they eat out together yesterday?”
a.       He asked me if they had eaten out together the day before.
b.      He asked me if they had eaten out together yesterday.
c.       He asked me if they has eaten out together the day before.

Answer:He asked me if they had eaten out together the day before. | Direct speech berupa dengan time reference “yesterday”. Time reference perlu diubah menjadi “the day before” atau” the previous day”

12.      “Don’t turn off the light now.”
a.       He told me didn’t turn off the light at that time.
b.      He told me not to turn off the light at that time.
c.       He told me don’t turn off the light at that time.

Answer: He told me not to turn off the light at that time. | Verb menjadi infinitive pada reporting commands (perintah).

13.      “What’s your passion?”
a.       She wanted to know what is my passion.
b.      She wanted to know what my passion was.
c.       She wanted to know what was my passion.

Answer: She wanted to know what my passion was. | Direct speech berupa wh- question(information request) –> pindahkan verb ke belakang subject (word order).

14.      “I begin to understand the concept of biodiversity.”
a.       He said that he began to understand the concept of Biodiversity.
b.      He wanted to know if he began to understand the concept of Biodiversity.
c.       He asked me that he began to understand the concept of Biodiversity.

Answer: He said that he began to understand the concept of Biodiversity. | Direct speech berupa statement (pernyataan) dengan verb simple present tense. Verb diubah menjadi simple past tense (penyampai berita fokus pada fakta bahwa pembicaraan merupakan past conversation).

15.      “Your friend has just left.”
a.       He told me that my friend has just left.
b.      He told me that your friend had just left.
c.       He told me that my friend had just left.

Answer: He told me that my friend had just left. | Verb present perfect tense disesuaikan menjadi past perfect tense.

16.      “Can I borrow your pencil for a moment?”
a.       She asked me whether she can borrow my pencil for a moment.
b.      She asked me whether she could borrow my pencil for a moment.
c.       She asked me if she can borrow my pencil for a moment.

Answer: She asked me whether she could borrow my pencil for a moment. | Modal verb “can” (present) disesuakan menjadi “could” (past).

17.      “Why are you staring at my feet?”
a.       He asked her why was she staring at his feet.
b.      He asked her why she is staring at his feet.
c.       He asked her why she was staring at his feet.

Answer: He asked her why she was staring at his feet. | Verb present continuous tense pada direct speech menjadi past continuous tense pada reported speech.

18.      “The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.”
a.       He asked if the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
b.      He said that the sun rose in the east and set in the west.
c.       He said that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

Answer: He said that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. | Verb tidak berubah (menjadi past) karena pernyataan berupa general truth.

19.      “I’m going to meet my penpal for the first time tomorrow.”
a.       She said she was going to meet her penpal for the first time the next day.
b.      She said she was going to meet my penpal for the first time tomorrow.
c.       She said she was going to meet her penpal for the first time tomorrow.

Answer: She said she was going to meet her penpal for the first time the next day. | Time reference “tomorrow” disesuaikan menjadi “the next day” atau “the following day”.

20. “We have been here for a week.”
a.       They said they had been there for a week.
b.      They said they had been here for a week.
c.       They said we had been there for a week.

Answer: They said they had been there for a week. | “Here” pada direct speech diubah menjadi “there”.

IMPERATIVE

21. The teacher said to student, "Don't waste time!"
Change into the form of indirect speech!
...........................................................................................................
.Answer : The teacher advised the students not to waste time
22 He said to his servant, “Go away at once!”
Change into the form of indirect speech!
...........................................................................................................
Answer : He ordered his servant to go away at once
23. The Gardeners told me not to step on the grass
Change into the form of direct speech!
...........................................................................................................
Answer : "Do not step on the grass!” said The Gardeners
24.Tama asked Rana to be a strong person. 
Change into the form of direct speech!
...........................................................................................................
Answer : Tama said, "Be a strong person, Rana!"

25. He said, “open the door!”
Change into the form of indirect speech!
...........................................................................................................
Answer : He ordered to open the door
26.“Don’t turn off the light now.”
a. He told me didn’t turn off the light at that time.
b. He told me not to turn off the light at that time.
c. He told me don’t turn off the light at that time.
Answer : B
Verb infinitive be on reporting commands (commands).

27. She said, “clean the table!”
a. She said please clean the table
b. She told clean the table
c. She said to clean the table
Answer : C

28. “Don’t tell someone!”
a. She told me don't tell someone
b. She said me didn't tell someone
c. She said don't tell someone
Answer : A

29. She said to him, “you should work hard for exam!”
a. He suggested him to work hard for exam.
b. He told him to work hard for exam
c. He said him to work hard for exam
Answer : A

30. The teachers said, “Don’t be late!”
a. The teachers told me didn't be late
b. The teachers told me not to be late
c. The teachers said to me don't be late
Answer : B

Sumber: http://strataway10.blogspot.co.id/2015/03/soal-latihan-dan-kunci-jawaban.html
http://www.wordsmile.com/soal-reported-speech-pilihan-ganda-jawabannya
https://dwikacahayu.wordpress.com/2012/03/25/direct-indirect-speech/

Name: Annisa Shahida
Class: 1EA07
NPM: 10215889

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Studi Kasus PT. Indofood Sukses Makmur.Tbk

Nama: Annisa Shahida Kelas: 4EA11 NPM: 10215889 BAB I LATAR BELAKANG MASALAH Situasi pasar saat ini semakin kompetitif dengan persaingan yang semakin meningkat pula diantara para produsen. Jika situasi persaingan meningkat, peran pemasaran akan makin meningkat pula dan pada saat yang sama peran brand akan semakin penting. Dengan demikian, brand saat ini tak hanya sekedar identitas suatu produk saja dan hanya sebagai pembeda dari produk pesaing, melainkan lebih dari itu, brand memiliki ikatan emosional istimewa yang tercipta antara konsumen dengan produsen. Pesaing bisa saja menawarkan produk yang mirip, tapi mereka tidak mungkin menawarkan janji emosional yang sama. Pasar telah dibanjiri berbagai jenis barang yang diproduksi massal, akibatnya konsumen pun menghadapi terlalu banyak pilihan produk, namun sayangnya informasi tentang kualitas-kualitas produk yang ada di pasaran sangat minimum sekali. Dalam kondisi seperti itu, produsen harus punya keahlian untuk

Kasus pelanggaran rtika bisnis oleh PT.NESTLE

Nama: Annisa Shahida Kelas: 3EA11 PENGERTIAN ETIKA BISNIS Etika bisnis merupakan landasan tentang moralitas dalam ekonomi atau bisnis dan semua pihak yang terkait untuk menghindari penyimpangan-penyimpangan ilmu ekonomi dan mencapai tujuan atau mendapatkan laba, sehingga kita harus menguasai sudut pandang ekonomi, hukum dan etika maupun moral agar bisa mencapai target yang diinginkan. Moralitas selalu berkaitan dengan apa yang dilakukan oleh manusia, aspek baik atau buruk yang dilakukan oleh seseorang. Tetapi sampai sekarang masih belom pernah etika bisnis mendapat begitu banyak perhatian seperti sekarang. Perilaku tidak etis dalam kegiatan bisnis sering juga terjadi karena peluang yang diberikan oleh peraturan perundang-undangan yang kemudian disahkan dan disalah gunakan dalam penerapannya dan kemudian dipakai sebagai dasar untuk melakukan perbuatan yang melanggar etika bisnis. PRINSIP ETIKA BISNIS Secara umum etika bisnis harus ditempuh oleh perusahaan agar tercapai

Norma, Moral dan Etika dalam bisnis global (Mc Donald)

Nama: Annisa Shahida Kelas: 3EA11 NPM: 10215889 PENGERTIAN ETIKA BISNIS Pergertian Etika Etika berasal dari dari kata Yunani ‘Ethos’ (jamak – ta etha), berarti adat istiadat . Etika berkaitan dengan kebiasaan hidup yang baik, baik pada diri seseorang maupun pada suatu masyarakat Etika berkaitan dengan nilai-nilai, tatacara hidup yg baik, aturan hidup yg baik dan segala kebiasaan yg dianut dan diwariskan dari satu orang ke orang yang lain atau dari satu generasi ke generasi yg lain. Etika mempelajari dan menentukan apakah suatu tindakan bernilai baik atau buruk dan tindakan apayang seharusnya dilakukan dengan benar atau tidak benar (salah) Peranan etika adalah sebagai tolok ukur kesadaran manusia untuk melakukan tindakan yang bertanggung jawab sedangkan manfaat etika yaitu mengajak orang bersikap kritis, rasional dan otonom menuju suasana tertib, damai dan sejahtera. Pengertian etika = moralitas Moralitas berasal dari kata Latin Mos (jamak – Mores) berarti adat istia